To estimate your cost, multiply the length of your quilt tope times the width of the quilt top to arrive at your square inch number. Multiply this number times the pattern price (.0175):
Example: 50"w X 70"l = 3500 sq in X .0175 (Pattern Price) =61.25.
Edge to Edge Quilting = starting at $.0175 per square inch.
*Please note that quilting charge does not include batting and thread charge*
MINIMUM QUILT CHARGE: $40.00
There will be a $2.00 thread charge for small quilts, $4.00 on medium quilt tops and $6.00 for large.
Please specify if you want contrasting thread or close to quilt color.
I carry Hobbs Premium 80/20 batting (.23 running in). Please add 4" to 6" to the top and bottom of the quilt top measurement to estimate the charge for your batting. I can purchase Hobbs 100% cotton, Quilters Dream, or Warm and Natural upon request. You may send batting of your choice with your quilt top. Be aware that some battings must be quilted closer together and the texture of same batting may be lumpy and not quilt well. Buy good quality batting from your quilt shop.
*Available at $30.00 per hour. Includes piecing back, adding borders, pressing top and backing if needed(this is for major seam pressing, light pressing from shipping is free), trimming threads, trimming excess edge for binding after quilted, repairing seams, etc*
1. If you need to seam your backing, cut off any selvage edges before stitching the seam. Leave selvage edges on outside edges of the quilt backing.
2. The backing and batting need to be at least 4"to 6" larger on all sides than your quilt top.
3. Please cut the top and bottom edges of your backing so they are straight and square. This ensures the quilt goes on the machine straight and is important for keeping the design straight with your top.
4. Press your backing and quilt top well and fold it carefully. Please do not layer top, batting and backing before folding. Fold each piece separately.
5. Do not baste your quilt.
6. Top and backing need to be clean and pressed. Please make sure all of your seams are secure and that your threads are clipped. Unclipped threads can show through.
7. Please apply your borders properly. If the borders are longer than the top, the top will not lay flat. Measuring your pieced top before the borders are added is very inportant. Lay your top out flat and measure at least three different places across the width and length. If the measurements are not the same, take the middle measurement for the borders. Make the quilt fit the borders not the borders fit the quilt. Fullness and or puckers within a border cannot be quilted out. I will try my best to work in some fullness, but I cannot guarantee that puckers and tucks will not be sewn in. Just remember, the flatter you quilt lays, the better the finished quilt will look.
8. Remove all embellishments. I cannot quilt around them using a pantograph pattern.
9. Mark the top of your quilt top and backing fabric with a safety pin.
Pack your quilt and other supplies in a slightly larger box than is needed, so that the finished quilt can be returned in the same box. Place quilt top inside a plastic bag inside the box to protect it from the possibility of being exposed to moisture during shipping.
*Please be aware that longarms are mechanical devices and the possibility exists that a problem may occur (needle breaking) and cause damage to your quilt top and backing. Every effort is made to avoid this happening, but the possibility still exists.*
TURN AROUND TIME:
The Work Order must be completed and a deposit of $30.00 (money order, check, or cash if dropping off in person) must be submitted with quilt top. All prices are estimated until free consultation. I will contact you when the quilt arrives and a final consultation and estimated completion date will be made. Every effort will be made to have your completed quilt back in the mail to you within a 2 week period after the final consultation. All quilts will be held until the total payment has cleared, if paid by check.
DROP OFF/PICK UP:
I am available for drop off/pick up at my home studio. If other arrangements can be made for drop off/pick up areas, I will be happy to consider it. Just contact me on your suggestion. I will receive/send all other quilts via USPS. Please contact me before mailing your quilt so that I can give you some idea where I stand on my bookings. I also need to know when to be expecting your top. Please consider insuring your quilt. Make checks payable to: DONNA'S - In The Attic. If you have any questions please contact me at 806-323-9422 or email - firstname.lastname@example.org